What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. We group the collection of user information into two categories: Personal and Non-Personal.
Personal information is collected upon orders or registering on the Sites and consists of the following:
- First and last name;
- E-mail address;
- Mailing/billing address;
- Phone number; or
- Credit/debit card information, security code and other payment transaction and verification details;
- Geographical location based off of IP address
All of the foregoing personal and financial information and related materials shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as Personal Information (“Personal Information”). Any Personal Information you provide to us is voluntary. However, your refusal to provide certain Personal Information requested as part of providing FFG may hinder or otherwise restrict your ability to use the Site. You may, however, visit the Site anonymously.
Non-Personal Information is not identifiable to any specific individual or member and consists of more general demographic information. Non-Personal Information includes, without limitation, the following:
- the type of browser and operating system used by users;
- any interactions users may initiate within FFG;
- user interactions with the Site’s features, including search terms;
- and other inferences about users’ interests made based upon the foregoing
How do we use your information?
We collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (collectively “User Information”) to make the Site more rewarding for you to use.
The Personal Information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- Register you as a user on the Site;
- Verify your identity to allow your access to any password protected portions of the Site;
- Manage and maintain your user account on the Site;
- Provide you the services and products you requested;
- Improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- Record purchases that you have made on the Site;
- Respond to an inquiry from you or address a request submitted by you (including contacting you directly to request additional information to process your inquiry or request);
- Process transactions, including billing, shipping and tracking your orders;
- Send periodic emails for processing and updating you on your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, and related product or service information.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please follow the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Allow you to post comments on our website, on social networks and other media;
- Administer a contest, sweepstakes, giveaway, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- Create aggregated, non-personal information, or to create de-identified information;
- Protect you against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers;
- Enforce our Terms of Service, Use, and Purchase;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and policies.
How do we use your Non-Personal Information?
We may use any Non-Personal Information for any purposes as appropriate and subject to applicable law, since Non-Personal Information cannot identify you as an individual. Examples of uses include:
- Take general location information from your browser for foot traffic analysis;
- Improve our services;
- Customize your browsing experience;
- Determine technical design specifications;
- Arrange our Site in a user-friendly way;
- Identify system performance or problem areas;
How is this Information Shared?
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your Customer Information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- We may share Personal Information with trusted third parties to perform functions on our behalf in order to improve your user experience. These third parties may contact you about products, services or promotions you may be interested in, or to otherwise improve your user experience with the Site. For example, outsourced customer care agents or technology assistants may need access to your information to perform services you requested. Your Personal Information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize.
- We may share your Personal Information with our auditors, lawyers or other professional advisors so they can support our business. Like the other third party service providers, these professional advisors are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- When it is necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of FFG, its users, customers, or the public.
- As required by law, to comply with a judicial proceeding or court order, to exercise our rights, or to defend against any claims. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend FFG, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information in our possession. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Stripe, a third party payment processing company and is accessible only to those authorized FFG personnel and trusted third parties with special access rights to such technology who are required to keep the information confidential.
FFG stays up-to-date with the latest in security technologies to ensure that your credit card information, contact information and shipping/billing information are confidential and safe. We are PCI compliant and follow generally accepted industry standards on information security management to safeguard the personal information submitted to us. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to anybody. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any Personal Information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of your Personal Information or data during its transfer via Internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
You must protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer, and be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web beacons, or clear gifs, are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use web beacons, tracking technology, and other automated tracking methods to help us better manage content on our Site and measure performance and engagement. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to your personal information.
Commercial Emails Opting Out
FFG may occasionally send you emails regarding special offers, promotions, features and/or product updates. FFG may also communicate with you on behalf of third parties about special offers, promotions, features and/or product updates we think may be of interest to you, or you may have opted-in to receive newsletters or special promotions from one of our trusted third party providers. If you decide you do not wish to receive these communications, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link or by following the instructions included in the communication. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten (10) business days as we process your request. However, you cannot opt-out of some administrative communications that are reasonably necessary for use of the Site, such as billing or shipping confirmations
[Version for Canadian Residents] FFG only sends you emails that promote products, services or events in one or more of the following contexts:
- You have explicitly informed us that you would like to receive such emails from FFG;
- You have bought products or services from FFG in the past two years;
- You have been in a contract with or have accepted a business or investment opportunity with FFG in the past two years;
- You have inquired about buying products or services from FFG or entering into a contract or business or investment opportunity with FFG in the past six months, or
- You have conspicuously disclosed or provided your email address to FFG and the email is related to your work in a particular industry.
If you decide you do not wish to receive these communications, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link or by following the instructions included in the communication. We will process your unsubscribe request as soon as possible, and no later than ten (10) business days after you send the request.
Accessing and Updating Account Information and Preferences
You may update your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the "My Account Settings" section under your profile tab or by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also email our customer service to deactivate your account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You must be 18 or over to purchase any products from this Site and use any of the Site’s services.
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 cannot make a purchase or provide any personal information. FFG has no intention of collecting or soliciting Personal Information from persons under the age of 13. Parents of children under the age of 13 should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If a child under age 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Links to Third Party Websites
Updated July 2, 2018